This recording is a labor of love. Doc was our friend long before he had ever heard of us. We felt close to him. Luckily for us all, he recorded a vast repertoire that enabled him to touch the hearts of millions and fill them with a longing for a better world. His infectious enthusiasm yet humble approach to his art made us want to travel the world as musicians.
Since we first met Doc in 1997, he invited us many times to their home where we would play some of the old songs for RosaLee that she so loved. Sometimes, he would go down to the basement and bring up Merle’s old banjo for Jens to play “Frosty Morn” or “The Cuckoo.” It was such an honor.
This collection includes tracks from the full breadth of their recording career, some from some time ago and others very recent, including a track new to this release, “People Get Ready.” All were guided by the same hands, by the same curiosities, and they all help to tell the story of the Kruger Brothers.
“These guys are capable of playing the fingers off a roomful of great players, yet they hold back and concentrate on bringing out the best in their own music.”
–Barb Heller, host of String Fever, North Country Public Radio
Available in the online store.
- Doc tribute video Posted on 5/21/2013
- The KBs made the Shiny Sheet! Posted on 4/30/2013
- “Remebering Doc Watson” to launch at MerleFest Posted on 4/19/2013
- Mariposa! Posted on 4/5/2013
- Two new albums due this spring Posted on 3/19/2013
- Return to Music Fest ‘n Sugar Grove Posted on 3/4/2013
- Benefit concert for the Community Care Clinic, Boone, NC Posted on 2/21/2013
- Merlefest to feature KBs, Kontras Quartet performing Appalachian Concerto Posted on 2/19/2013
- KBs to appear on PBS’ Song of the Mountains Posted on 2/19/2013